Windscreen Installation Tips
Most of our products require some degree of installation or fitment.
- We fabricate each windscreen to order.
- Current lead time is 3 business days.
- We use high grade acrylic and a variety of fabrication processes.
- Your screen may require drilling for final installation.
- OR your screen may require sanding for final installation.
Fitting & Drilling Video
Conventional high speed drill bits do not work well with hard plastics such as the high quality acrylic that we use, due to the following reasons:
-60 Degree bit that has a sharper point than a conventional bit
-A diamond dust coating helps the tip penetrate the plastic more smoothly, avoiding chipping and cracking
-Less pitch than a conventional bit
-A new bit guarantees a sharp edge that will make a smooth hole without riding up the drill bit
-Do NOT support the back of your screen with anything! The screen should be drilled with no pressure on it.
-Drill perpendicular to the screen
-Slow to medium speeds work best when working with acrylic
-Let the bit do the work, try to take up to 1 minute drilling each hole
-Do not try and punch through the back side, once again, let the bit slowly cut through